Saturday, September 1, 2007

From the Worst to the Best

Since the 4th grade I wanted to be on the high school dance team. I've enjoyed dancing since I could remember. When I tried out for the dance team my sophomore year and made it, I was the happiest girl ever. But being on the dance team was not exactly what I had thought. After a couple of months there were only 4 girls on the team including me. We had no dance instructor so we had to make the routines up ourselves and do everything on our own. It was not going to plan. There was no one to critique us or help us out. Our haltime performances never looked good and it was bringing me down.
The following year I was surprised with news that we now had a dance instructor! But that was not the best news yet...she was also a San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancer! I now knew it was going to be different. The first week with her was the worst ever! I had never known how it was to be sore in my life! She showed us so many dance technique I had never known about. I had improved in so many ways. She showed me the true meaning of dance. That year we went to dance competition and we won 1st place! We brought back home 14 plaques and a champion trophy. It was the best feeling ever! I was almost going to quit the thing I loved most but Ms.Trevino changed my perspective on everything. She helped me believe. I appreciate all the help she had done for my dance team and I couldn't of been more grateful. Thank you Ms.Trevino. <3

7 comments:

sgh said...

Wow, that's a really great opportunity! Will you be dancing/cheering/strutting for Texas State?

Khristi Shurbet said...

Wow! I bet that was a great experience meeting a professional dancer! Thats a good example of not giving up! We should go out dancing sometime!

ca1205 said...

That is so awesome!! I was on my high school dance team too. Maybe you have heard of us, Leander High School Blue Belles?

Jessi said...

That is so cool that you love to dance and that such a wonderful oppertunity! I coould never dance even if I really tried. Haha!

Rachel said...

That is so fun, those Silver Spurs girls are fantastic women...

And good for you for being a dancer! I get sore from walking to class! :)

Rachel said...

That is so fun, those Silver Spurs girls are fantastic women...

And good for you for being a dancer! I get sore from walking to class! :)

carolyn said...

It's so awesome to know that there is always still hope. I mean you see that kind of stuff on TV but to know that it can happen to real people is refreshing. Congrats on sticking it out and turning your team around!